March 17, 2011

Bronzer Breakdown


From Left:


MAC contour powder in Bone Beige


Physician's Formula Bronzer in Light Bronze


Rimmel Matte Bronze in Sunlit


MAC Mineral Skin Finish in Medium Dark



These are the bronzers currently cycling in my collection. My quick breakdown is as follows:


MAC Bone Beige:


My go to for cheek contour. It's not too muddy brown (hello benefit Hoola) for my pale skin, blends well and applies in layers from soft to dramatic. Biggest hit against the product is that it is a pro MAC product and can only be found at the pro MAC stores.


Physician's Formula Bronzer in Light Bronze:


Since taking these pictures, I've actually removed this from my collection. It was more of a light blush than a bronzer, and didn't give the hollows of my cheeks the depth I needed for the contoured look


Rimmel Bronze in Sunlit:


LOVE this drugstore product. It's a lot of product for just a few dollars and works great to "sun me up" when I feel like getting my bronze on. It pulls a little more to the orange side, rather than brown, but never makes me look like an oompa loompa. I've been using this a lot of bridal clients who want more of a warm glow for their winter weddings.


MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium Dark:


This one will quickly be discarded from my collection. Upon first application it's the perfect color. Toasty and warm, I just love it. Flash forward three hours to when it's oxidized on my skin and I do look like a fake tan gone wrong.


That said, the MSFs and I don't seem to get along (save the blushes which I LOVE!). I noticed that my medium light face powders turns dark and funky on me too.



From Left: MAC Bone Beige, Physician's Formula Light Bronze,


Rimmel Bronze in Sunlit, MAC MSF in Medium Dark



From Left: MAC Bone Beige, Physician's Formula Light Bronze,


Rimmel Bronze in Sunlit, MAC MSF in Medium Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment