January 16, 2012

Unrelated Excitement: My Newly Painted Chevron Wall

I will be the first to admit that the majority of my blog is centered around makeup, beauty and the like.  That said, you may or may not know that I am also an avid crafter and all-around design lover.  I don't blog about the craft projects often, but sometimes I get so overwhelmingly excited about a project that I just can't keep it all in; Such is the case today, as I skip around my house with pure joy.   

Apartment living has always had drawbacks: old beige carpet, white washed walls, and little to no creative freedom.  After more than five years in my current space, everything just reminded me of....oatmeal.  Not in color or texture mind you (that would be weird) but in theory. 

The apartment, like oatmeal, was fine; A dependable source of nutrition, with it's neutral middle of the line approach, it was something I could always depend on filling the "just fine" category, but nothing truly exciting to write home about. 

Enter the need for a new couch. 

My previous couch, bright red in all it's glory, had succum to five years of plopping, sleeping, snuggling and late night movie popcorn eating for my husband and three kittahs.  The old broad was showing the wear, and begging for retirement. 

Selecting a new piece of furniture felt overwhelming and exciting at the same time.  How one piece of furniture could give me the creative freedom to design something new and different with my oatmeal-like apartment, I still don't understand.  I mean, it's just a couch...right?

Regardless of the catalyst, the colors, the textures, the patterns (Oh My!) allowed me to completely redesign the room.  Now that the paint has dried, I may actually BURST if I don't share, and, giving it some thought, bursting does not really sound all that fun.

So without further ado, behold my Chevron Zig Zag wall!


Paint Colors: Benjamin Moore Paint
Decorator White (Eggshell), Stonington Grey (Eggshell), Salzburg Blue (Gloss) 

Complete with my new black couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment