January 28, 2012

Lisa Eldridge and Marilyn Monroe Lips



Lisa Eldridge, one of my ultimate makeup artist idols, posted a stunning video with tips and techniques Marilyn Monroe's makeup artist is thought to have used for her film and print career.  If you've never watched Lisa, I highly suggest her videos.  With years of experience in the makeup industry, Lisa manages to not only explain what she is doing during the application, but the technique behind it and why that approach is being used.  She is a great teacher for ALL makeup enthusiasts, novice to professional.  You can view the video here.

In the video, Lisa describes some tips for creating the iconic red "Monroe" lip.  I gave it a try this evening and this is how it turned out:


Not only does this look involved so much product that my bottom lip droops instinctively, but I think it also makes me a shoe-in for the next Rocky Horror Picture intro.

To achieve this look, I used to following products:

MAC Cherry Lipliner
L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick in Target Red (a dupe would be Ravishing Red)
MAC Crystal Avalanche Eyeshadow
Clear Gloss



I LOVE how the white shadow makes the bottom lip POP!
Doing my best to channel Marilyn, this face is ridiculous



1 comment:

  1. Since this was posted in 2012, I'm sure that Lisa Eldridge hasn't released her own line of lipsticks yet. Have you tried them already?

    ReplyDelete