January 19, 2012

Product Comparison: Eve Pearl Black Pearl vs. LORAC Front of the Line Pro

If you read my last posting, you know that my Eve Pearl Black Pearl liner met it's untimely death with the trash bin yesterday.  Before I threw her out, however, I did want to show you my preferred dupe for this product: LORAC Front of the Line Pro (Black)


LORAC describes this product as:

This high-performing no-smudge, no-budge, water-resistant liquid eye liner boasts a unique automatic delivery system that provides a clean, precise application. The flexible tip provides ultimate control, accuracy and smooth strokes, so you’ll never miss your lines. From very fine to dramatically bold, this versatile pro will take you to the front of the line every time!

 
This liner has quickly become a holy grail item for me.  Smudgeproof, tear proof, and easy application ta'boot.  I've even purchased this produce in black AND brown - it must be true love.
 
LORAC Front of the Line Pro is perfect for those cat eye flicks, and creating long lasting drama that only black liner can produce.  Fool-proof application makes it something that I often suggest to my makeup clients as well:
   Hold it like a pen and take your time.  You'll master the perfect black liner in no time!


You'll notice that both Eve Pearl Black Pearl Liner (top) and LORAC Front of the Line Pro (bottom) have similar appearance and thin tip applicator.  In the interest of full disclosure, I will admit that Eve Pearl's Black Pearl has a darker,  more pigmented line when directly compared to LORAC's version.  That said, the main difference for me is that when the LORAC liner is down and dry, it does not budge.  I've never experienced  light pigmentation upon application and don't find it necessary to go over the line multiple times to get a true black.  

In retrospect, maybe that is the downfall of the Eve Pearl version.  Maybe it's TOO pigmented since I always seem to end up with a mess in my eye upon application, see my review here

LORAC is a clear winner for me in comparing these two products and gets more than regular use in both my personal and professional career.  If you are having trouble getting your cat flicks just right, this is a great product to try.  Holding it like a pen is familiar to our hands and makes application a breeze.  Knowing it's smudgeproof and waterproof also gives you the confidence that once you've mastered the look - it's not going anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment