January 18, 2012

Product Fail: Eve Pearl Liquid Liner

Due to increasing brand competition and saturation in the market, today's cosmetic and beauty market offers a LOT of options.  Sephora offers 100+ brand names, and a trip to any department store will provide you the same number of options.  Not including drugstore and indie brand options, there is NO reason for a consumer to accept a product which does not fully satisfy their expectations. 

Enter today's product fail: Eve Pearl Black Pearl Liquid Liner


Eve Pearl describes this product as follows:

This long lasting liner has a uniquely tapered brush for a precise smudgeproof application. The highly pigmented formula offers all day wear with rich, luminous results.



I picked this product up during my first visit to the IMATS 2011 show in Los Angeles, California.  Lucky enough to meet Eve Pearl personally, I heard about her experience as a celebrity makeup artist and also received first hand information on some of her most popular products.  The Black Pearl liquid liner was created to fill a hole in the market, making black liner portable, rich and easy to apply.  

Convinced, I took this product home immediately (along with a handful of Eve Pearl's other popular products).  Unfortunately, my displeasure with this product started with my first use and has continued until today's ultimate product disposal; please see below.   



Every time I apply this product to my upper lash line it ends up as a watery mess IN MY EYE.

*Cue the EWWWs* 

To be clear, in the picture above, I have applied the product just as I would any liquid or pencil liner: above the lash line.  This is no photoshop trickery, I did not apply to either my upper or lower waterline, and this is a repeated result not just a "one-off" or fluke. 

I do feel it's important to disclose that I have watery eyes, 12 months a year; That said, I have NEVER had any other product produce this result: gel, pencil or liquid. 

Maybe the product is defective, maybe Black Pearl and I were just not meant to be.  I know that there are many other beauty bloggers in the industry who love and praise the Black Pearl liner; I, sadly, will not be one of them.

Can't win 'em all.  For me TOSS IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment